Starbond Black Medium-Thick CA Glue KBL-500 - 2oz
Starbond KBL-500 Black Medium-Thick CA glue is a flexible, rubber-toughened super glue that dries jet black in color. The KBL-500 is ideal for hiding imperfections, filling dark voids, and accenting specific areas in your projects. Along with impact and shock absorbing properties, the black CA retains favorable qualities such as the ability to be sanded down and polished to a high gloss finish. Additionally, when infiltrating fractures, pores, and soft material, the adhesive is able to expand and contract with its surrounding malleable environment, preventing cracking. Starbond KBL-500 Black Medium-Thick CA glue is commonly used in reckoning speakers, hobby RC car tires, woodturning inlays, burl, and spalted wood. heavy duty bonding, and filling voids.
It is important to keep in mind that the colored CA glues have an extended bonding time due to the added rubber compound. Although bonding time is generally 40-60 seconds, it can take much longer to dry when larger volumes of the colored adhesive are applied. For these instances, the use of Starbond Accelerator is highly recommended.
WARNING This product can expose you to chemicals including Carbon Black and Methyl isobutyl ketone, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Accenting designs on spalted wood
- Bonding dissimilar materials such as wood, metal, glass and rubber
- Creating a black accent on projects
- Gluing R/C Car tires
- Thread locking in R/C cars
- In speaker manufacturing, bonding top plate to the frame, spider to the voice coil, spider assembly to frame, spider to cone assembly, dust cap to the cone, gasket to surround, surround to frame or cone, cone to coil connections, dressing lead wires to the cone, and select dust cap applications.
- Repairing and filling cracks, inclusions, voids, and knots in the wood
- Rocks & Minerals
- Carbon Fiber
- Most Plastics
- PREMIUM CYANOACRYLATE SUPER GLUE - LAB TESTED FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: High performance industrial grade adhesive. Black Medium-Thick CA is used to bond parts, with focus on impact and shock absorbance qualities.
- EXTRA SUPPLIES:2 ounce includes: (2) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and a bag of micro-tips for precision.16 ounce includes: (1) Easy dispensing yorker spout, (3) empty 2 ounce bottles, (4) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and a bag of micro-tips for precision.
- STRONG "BONDING AND FILLING" ADHESIVE: ideal for spalted wood and burl, hiding imperfections, filling dark voids, and accenting specific areas in your projects.
- PROPERTIES: Viscosity: 500 cPs (meaning the thickness of the liquid is similar to that of syrup). Penetrating abilities of up to 0.008" in size. Bonding time: 40-60 seconds.
- SUPERIOR SHELF LIFE: When well kept, our product can last several years in a cold environment. Just make sure to store the bottle under 40°F before AND after use to QUALIFY FOR OUR 20 month shelf life warranty. If product does not last, we will replace that bottle free of charge.