MTC Router Plane Large Chisel Type
The MTC Large Router Plane
The MTC Large Router Plane makes creating rebates and trenches with perfectly flat bottoms a breeze. It is ergonomically designed to be comfortable to use from a variety of angles and has an easy-to-sharpen blade. Whether you are creating grooves, dadoes, rebates or any other joinery recess, you can rely on the MTC Large Router Plane to improve the accuracy of your work.
An Uncomplicated Plane
50-degree straight blade
Easily Adjusted Fence
M2 High Speed Steel Blades
MTC has chosen M2 High Speed Steel (HSS) for the blades. M2 HSS has high abrasion resistance which means it will hold a sharp edge much longer than many other steels. This also means that it may take a little longer to bring up an edge. Don’t worry, you will be leaving your sharpening gear on the shelf for a lot longer too.
Click here for additional blades.
Below are the specifications for the MTC Large Router Plane. To learn more and to download and view the Owner’s Manual, click here!
- Brand: Melbourne Tool Company (MTC)
- Model: Large Router Plane with 50 degree milled bed
- SKU: MTC-11084
- Country of origin: Designed in Melbourne Australia, manufactured in China
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
- Sole dimensions: 100 x 183mm
- Weight: 1150g
- Fixing knobs: knurled brass
- Blade steel: M2 HSS
- Blade bed angle: 50 degrees
- Standard bevel angle (relief only): 30 degrees