MTC Plane Block Low Angle 12 1/2-Degree
The MTC Low Angle Block Plane
Block planes are every woodworker’s best friend. Primarily designed for shaving end grain, completing touch-ups and finish work, a block plane is the must have plane in your kit. The three different blade types available makes switching between all this planes possible applications a breeze. And the easy blade adjustment and finely shaped cast body will make it hard for you to put this plane down. Welcome to the MTC family.
An uncomplicated plane
12 degree bed
M2 High Speed Steel blades
MTC has chosen M2 High Speed Steel (HSS) for the blades. M2 HSS has high abrasion resistance which means it will hold a sharp edge much longer than many other steels. This also means that it may take a little longer to bring up an edge. Don’t worry, you will be leaving your sharpening gear on the shelf for a lot longer too. MTC plane blades are also thicker than the average plane, this eliminates vibration is the cut, ensuring a smooth uniform finish.
THree angled blades available, please click here for additional blades.
Easy and precise depth and lateral blade adjustment
Below are the specifications for the MTC Low Angle Block Plane. To learn more and to download and view the Owner’s Manual, click here!
- Brand - Melbourne Tool Company (MTC)
- Model SKU - Low Angle Block Plane with 25 degree blade standard MTC-49407
- Country of origin - Designed in Melbourne Australia, manufactured in China
- Warranty - Limited lifetime
- Sole dimensions - 43 x 165mm
- Weight - 750g
- Cap iron - Brass
- Plane steel - M2 HSS
- Plane bed angle - 12 degrees
- Plane blade dimensions - 3.4 x 35 x 110mm
- Standard blade cutting angle (supplied) - 25 degrees
Additional blades & Kits
- 25 degrees MTC-49445
- 38 degrees MTC-49452
- 50 degrees MTC-49469
- 38 & 50 degree blade kit MTC-49407-BLK-2